Sunday 13 February 2011

Craft fair buzz and sea shanty knit spectacular

This weekend I popped along to the hub of the craft fan's world, the stitch show at the Brighton Centre. I went with my lovely Mother and was lucky enough to be able to go for free thanks to my lovely friend, (who shall remain nameless just in case she gets in trouble!). It was a lovely sunny day on Saturday so I have to admit we didn't spend the hours that the show deserved, not wanting to be inside. There were hundreds of people spending up on a huge variety of crafty materials.

There was a stunning range of embroidery and patchwork techniques on show. Such amazing work! In amongst all the workshops and stalls was a huge knitted installation representing the sea. A team effort that was very impressive, if a little alarming! I love the birds swooping amongst the rocks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment